When it comes to attic conversions, there is an endless array of options. No matter the size of your roof space, you will always have overflowing design options to choose from. This is one of the perks of having a loft in your home. It’s the perfect place to extend your home’s living space, be it as a guest bedroom, mini home office, or even an entertainment or music room.
To ensure that you’ll be able to make the most of your attic, though, you need to plan it carefully to realise the loft of your dreams.
Here are a few things to consider before starting any attic conversions:
A suitable loft space should have a 2.3-meter headspace. But chimneys, water tanks, or other obstacles can affect its design. This is why you should consult an expert in Australian attic conversions.
A company specialising in loft conversions will be able to provide you with the appropriate assessment. This will surely save you time and money in the long run.
- Type of loft conversion
There are several types of attic conversions in Australia:
- Rooflight – requires the least amount of changes to the existing space and structure. Therefore, it’s the cheapest way to transform this part of your house.
- Dormer – it’s the most popular and the easiest way to make your attic more liveable by making the headroom bigger. With this conversion, the sides or rear of the attic is altered, adding a flat-roofed box.
- Hip-to-gable – with this design, the sloping side of the roof is taken down while the end wall forms a new vertical gable.
- Gable-to-gable – a new box extension is added to connect two gable ends. Sometimes, you will need to increase the gable end walls’ height.
- Modular – this is done when the existing space is unsuitable for any attic conversions. A new module or new room is built off-site and then, installed.
To be able to plan the look of your loft conversion, you need to start with the layout first. This means that you should have an idea what furniture to put and where to position them in the room. By doing so, you’ll be able to consider the right dimension for the additional room. Visit Space Maka Built for more details.
Aside from the furnishings, you should also consider the placement of the stairs, as well as any structure that can affect the overall design of the room. If you’re not sure about the layout, this is when you will need the help of a company that specialises in loft conversions.
- Building regulations
This is another important consideration you need to make. You have to make sure that home improvement project follows the building code in your region to avoid being penalised.
It’s important that you follow regulations, as well as to obtain a building permit, to avoid incurring other expenses. This is why you should hire a seasoned attic conversion company that will take care of all the paperwork for you, including the planning permission.
Seek help from a professional today to make sure that the job is done right the first time, which will save you money in the long run. Find attic conversions Australia has today by logging on to https://www.spacemakabuilt.com.au/.